Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Mishmash: A Story Break

While I know it's not true, it often seems as though I'm never not working. Whether writing or promoting travel guides, working on articles and blog posts, or helping my husband, Dan, with one of his film fests, it feels as though I never make much time for fun – whether that might be reading a book, going to the movies, listening to live music with Dan, or writing some purposeless fiction. I often have to remind myself – due, in large part, to my husband's prodding – that fun is a necessary part of every day, which is why I appreciate creative outlets such as Come In Character, where authors are free to write through their characters' voices, no matter if they're from published stories or works-in-progress. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time for CIC as of late – in fact, I'd been on hiatus since before the holidays – but last week, I decided that the hiatus had lasted long enough. On Friday, I posted the start of a group story – a winter's tale, to be exact – and while my fellow writers have already begun contributing, the story's not over yet. So, if you find yourself overworked at the moment, and in need of a story break, feel free to stop by, too!

No comments: