Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday: Holiday for Foodies

Last week, one of my editors asked me to post a Thanksgiving-related article on my American Nomad travel blog. So, after a little thought, I decided to offer a few last-minute suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend getaways – from exploring the theme parks of Southern California to experiencing the shops and attractions of the Windy City. While traveling during the holiday season can be loads of fun, though, I must admit that holiday food is the biggest attraction for me – and for my hubby. It's no wonder then that I find myself excited about today's plan: In lieu of venturing somewhere exotic, Dan and I are headed across Lake Pontchartrain to my dad's house, where there will be plenty of yummy vittles, from the traditional turkey to my hubby's not-so-traditional pumpkin bread pudding. How thankful I feel to be a well-fed American – especially since not everyone in the world (or even in my own country) can claim as such.

So, how are you spending the holiday?

Of course, no matter what your plans are, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: