Saturday, November 14, 2009

Friday Fantasies: The Big Easy Begins!

Okay, so I’m a little late with Friday’s post. Like, oops, it’s already Saturday. Well, that’s what happens during a hectic film fest weekend. The hours and days begin to melt together, and suddenly, it’s Monday. Wait, is it Monday? ‘Cause that would be kinda cool. I mean, uh, the fest is awesome – not exhausting or harrowing at all. I never want it to end. Honest.

But seriously, folks, the 2009 Big Easy International Film Festival is turning out to be a pretty cool event. Although we experienced some technical difficulties during tonight’s third (and final) screening, the first two films of the night – My McDiet and Trapped in Katrina – came off pretty well, our post-screening question-and-answer sessions were enlightening, and one audience boasted nearly hundred moviegoers, which isn’t bad for a young festival like ours.

I’m pooped, of course, but elated that two days are behind us. Of course, there are still two days left, so I should probably toddle off to bed. When the dust has settled, I’ll be happy to share my misadventures in the world of indie cinema. But, for now, let me just say... Happy Weekend, everyone!

10 comments:

Stephanie Thornton said...

Wow! 3:40 AM for a blog post- it was a crazy day!

Good luck with the rest!

Deb said...

Sounds like you're balancing well between the exhaustion and the excitement, Laura. Enjoy all the moments!

Marguerite said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, if a bit of hard work. Nice weather, too. Enjoy!

Becky said...

Happy week-end to you too! Hang in there! Take time to stop, look around, and enjoy what you and Dan have created!

Joshua McCune said...

Seriously, girlfriend, I bet you were typing very softly b/c you didn't want Dan strangling you for all the clackety-clack in the wee hours before dawn..

Roni Loren said...

Blogging at 3am, now that's dedication, lol. Good luck with the rest of the fest.

A misinterpreted wave said...

I didn't even notice that you'd posted at 3.40am until the others mentioned it. That's sheer dedicated excitement kicking in I am sure. It sounds like a totally awesome thing to be involved in.

Laura Martone said...

Oops! I thought I commented to everyone this weekend. My mistake. I tell you, these festival weekends will be the death of me... just kidding!

Let's see...

Steph - It was a crazy weekend for sure. But it all turned out well in the end. Thanks for the lucky thoughts.

Deb - I'm trying, I'm trying! And I did enjoy the moments, for sure. There were some doozies!

Marguerite - I think it was the weather that killed us on Sunday... that and the Saints game, of course!

Becky - Aw, you're such a sweetie. Dan and I were pretty proud of our accomplishment, but we're paying for it today. Ugh.

Bane - Teehee. You know me too well. ;-)

Roni - Thanks! It went pretty okay.

Chris - It WAS totally awesome. Now, we have to start planning for our OTHER fest. But I can rest one day, right?

Dawn Simon said...

I hope you're getting rest now. What a great weekend!

Laura Martone said...

Hi, Dawn! I slept eleven hours today, so, yes, I got a bit of rest. Guess I needed it. :-)