Wow, I’m very nearly speechless. Bridget Chicoine – my online buddy, fellow blogger, and speedy beta reader extraordinaire – just nominated me for a “Kreativ Blogger” award. This is totally awesome for at least two reasons: First, it thrills me to be nominated for a blog that I only started last month, and second, it gives me something different to discuss for this weekend’s “mishmash.”
So, thanks, Bridget, from the bottom of my heart. According to your profile, you follow several blogs (despite what you claimed on your latest post), so I’m pretty darn touched by your kind nomination – especially since I’ve been such a late little beta reader for your novel, Story for a Shipwright.
Now, the rules for the “Kreativ Blogger” award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (Done!)
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. (Done!)
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award. (Done!)
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. (Done!)
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers. (Done!)
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. (Done!)
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated. (Soon to be done...)
Here are some tidbits about me that you may or may not already know:
1. As a little girl, my mother had me convinced that I was allergic to cats and dogs, so my only pets were a goldfish that I named Daisy Duke (after the character in The Dukes of Hazzard, my favorite show back then) and four snails named Bo, Luke, Uncle Jesse, and Boss Hogg (yeah, I was pretty obsessed with that show).
2. Long before I decided to be a writer, I was a big ol’ math nerd. I even won team trophies (that were sadly lost in Hurricane Katrina) – and traveled twice from New Orleans to Iowa City for a national math competition.
3. I’ve only broken one bone in my lifetime (so far) – as a high school student, I was helping to decorate my Unitarian Universalist church for Mardi Gras when I climbed a ladder that, unbeknownst to me, had a broken brace, causing me to fall onto the altar, where I broke the middle finger of my right hand.
4. When I was in high school, I was an anchor on our closed-circuit morning show; my classmates knew me as “Perky,” a nickname that I had emblazoned on my high school class ring.
5. With my husband-to-be, I once lived in England and, less than a year later, traded an apartment full of furniture for a home-on-wheels on the highways and byways of America.
6. When I’m done with a book at the library, I have a compulsive need to re-shelve it (despite the librarian’s protests), and likewise, whenever I decide not to buy a grocery item, I always go out of my way to put it back where it belongs (despite my husband’s protests).
7. I hate kettle corn and have yet to understand its purpose in the world.
And here are 7 unique bloggers that I follow often (but not as often as I should):
1. The author of A misinterpreted wave
2. J.B. Chicoine, author of J.B. Chicoine – Unsupervised & At Large
3. Mira and Ann, moderators of Come In Character
4. Ink, Wanu, and Bookworm 1605, authors of The Alchemy of Writing
5. Rick Daley, author of My Daley Rant
6. Stephanie Faris, author of Steph in the City
7. Melanie Avila, author of What Am I Doing In Mexico?
All of the above deserve the “Kreativ Blogger” seal of approval. They’re not the only blogs that I find interesting and/or hilarious, but the rules limited me to seven – and I try to follow the rules whenever my husband’s not looking.
5 hours ago